At Casa Velas, environmental responsibility is a driving force behind the entire operation of the hotel. From fertilizing the gardens with natural compost from the restaurants, to water-saving initiatives, solar heating and meticulous separation and processing of all waste and recyclables, the hotel sets the benchmark for green tourism
- At Casa Velas, guests enjoy a luxurious experiencein which they can also be assured that they are leaving a minimal carbon footprint. There are many noticeable efforts and initiatives in place, as well as endless procedures that take place behind the scenes.
- The air conditioning in every suite is programmed to use as little energy as possible. We invite all guests to save water and electricity with a "green card", which can be placed on the bed only when guests wish to have their sheets and towels replaced. Only completely biodegradable products are used for cleaning and maintenance.
- The hotel fertilizes the tropical gardens with its own compost, and we provide special care for the animals that inhabit the property, such as peacocks and iguanas. The botanical garden provides natural ingredients for Spa treatments and dishes at the restaurants.
- Water is pre-heated by solar panels on the roof of the property; solid waste is meticulously separated in order to recycle glass, plastic, cardboard, metal, organic waste and toxic materials.
- The hotel staff is essential to carrying out these initiatives, and have made it possible for the property to obtain certifications such as EarthCheck (Silver) and Distintivo S. All members of the team are provided with continuous training and kept up to date on the latest achievements and procedures, to motivate them to carry out green practices at home as well.
- Casa Velas also participates in environmental events, such as the annual "A Cleaner Vallarta", beach cleanups and "The Hour of the Planet" among others.