POST COVID-19 GENERAL HYGIENE POLICIES AND PROTOCOLS
Our guests' and staff members' health and well-being are the most important. This is why, based on the protocols dictated by the World Health Organization and the government of Mexico, we created the following hygiene program, which includes the daily essential security procedures in all Velas Resorts' properties.
- Training and regular practice of safety and hygiene protocols.
- Physical distancing of at least 6ft (2 meters).
- The body temperature of all employees will be taken upon arrival and they will pass —before and after their shift— through a sanitization cabin with a steam system.
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers located at key points.
- Sanitizing mats in high-touch areas.
- Hand washing at least every hour, for a minimum period of 20 seconds.
- Personal protection equipment.
- We will take the body temperature of each guest.
- We will ask our guests to use the sanitizing mat, wash their hands, and use hand sanitizer.
- Guests' luggage will be sanitized as well.
- We will share with them all the security and hygiene protocols.
- All high-touch points will be sanitized after their check-in and check-out.
- Each guest will be provided with a personal protection kit upon departure (gloves, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, and a face mask).
We only use cleaning products and chemicals authorized by EPA (the United States Environmental Protection Agency).
- Transportation: Our vehicles will be sanitized with steam after each use.
- Public Areas: We will increase the cleaning frequency in common areas, with special attention to surfaces such as entrance doors, credenzas, handrails, tables, desks, benches, armchairs, waiting rooms, garbage bins, and elevators. Our pools will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized every day, as well as the sun loungers mattresses and linings.
- Housekeeping: The entire work equipment will be sanitized at the beginning and end of shifts, including maid trolleys, suite service tables, trays, etc. There will be a detailed sanitization of contact points in suites, such as desks, TV furniture, tables, chairs, remote controls, thermostat, bath furniture (shower, jacuzzi and WC), gates, mirrors, frames, doors, handles, light switches, drawers, telephones, and floors. All the products of the minibar will be replaced with sanitized products at the end of each guest's stay, as well as the air conditioning will be sanitized with UV light.
- Experiences: We will promote that our guests follow the hygiene procedures to enter the restaurants, Spas, gyms, boutiques, Kids 'and Teens' Clubs. In every area, all objects will be sanitized and maximum capacities will be determined to keep physical distancing.
- Food and Beverages: The strict hygiene procedures for the staff will be reinforced and registered. Our staff members will wear a face mask at all times. The crockery will be washed and sanitized, as well as other high-touch points (tables, chairs, napkins, trays, service bars, check holders, and pens). We will reduce printed menus and instead, we will provide a QR code so that guests can read it from their personal device. Suite service will be delivered at the door, and all meals will be protected with plastic film or a food cover.